Parent Volunteer Opportunities
At The Newman School, there are many ways that parents, grandparents, and community friends can support our school and community. Check the list below, take inventory of your talents and expertise, and let us know how you can help. We all benefit when you volunteer!
In the classroom:
- Take photos or create a school video
- Bake or cook for special events
- Help students learn about holidays by making special foods
- Assist teacher in making classroom or hallway bulletin boards
- Assist classroom teachers during special events and programs
- Donate extra assorted child-size clothing (for example: underwear, shorts, pants, shirt, sweatshirts, etc.)
For the community:
- Participate in Martin Luther King, Jr. Day activities
- Gather toiletry items for service projects. Items will be donated to organizations that help those in need. (Tip: when you travel, bring back the travel size shampoo, soap, toothpaste, etc. from your hotel).
- Collect non-perishable items for the children to bring tot he local food shelf
- Help with the Sukkah celebration and/or Chanukah Carnival (create or staff a booth, cook, help with set-up and clean-up)
Supporting the school:
- Help with the Spring plant sale fundraiser (buy, sell, help on delivery day)
- Sign up for smile.amazon.com (a small percentage of Amazon sales come back to the Newman School)
- Assist with TTSP Annual Campaign mailing, in late October (stuff envelopes, etc.)
- Help the recruitment committee to plan events, find prospective students, prepare and distribute materials
Out and About:
- Promote the Newman School!
- Put up a yard sign, wear our magnetic sign on your car, join us at recruitment events and speak to potential families about the school
- Hang promotional flyers in various locations around the area
- Encourage families with young children to come for a tour, or attend the Chanukah Carnival or other events